What we can do to keep you safe
JP Maguire and Tomi SteraMist can help when you need it.
The health and well being of all of our clients, friends, and families is of utmost concern to JP Maguire Associates. As you know from the news, Covid-19 or Coronavirus has become more widespread and therefore a concern for everyone. Our thoughts are with those who are affected. We want to share some information with you about keeping those around you safe as well as our capabilities to help you, should the need arise.
What you should be doing right now:
The CDC has outlined specific guidelines that we should all follow on a regular basis to keep ourselves and those around us safe and healthy. They include:
- Actively encourage sick people to stay home:
- people who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness are recommended to stay home and not come until they are free of fever
- Separate sick people:
- CDC recommends that anyone who appear to have acute respiratory illness symptoms (i.e. cough, shortness of breath) upon arrival to your facility or become sick during the day should be separated from others and be sent home immediately.
- Emphasize staying home when sick, respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene by all who visit your facilities:
- Place posters that encourage staying home when sick, cough and sneeze etiquette, and hand hygieneat the entrance to your workplace and in other workplace areas where they are likely to be seen.
- Provide tissues and no-touch disposal receptacles for use by anyone in your facilities.
- Instruct people to clean their hands often with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60-95% alcohol, or wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Soap and water should be used preferentially if hands are visibly dirty.
- Provide soap and water and alcohol-based hand rubs. Ensure that adequate supplies are maintained. Place hand rubs in multiple locations or in conference rooms to encourage hand hygiene.
- Perform routine environmental cleaning:
- Routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces such as workstations, countertops, and doorknobs. Use the cleaning agents that are usually used in these areas and follow the directions on the label.
What should you do if you have an exposure in your facility?
First thing… do not panic. Having a plan in place ahead of time is the first step to mitigating any further exposures and keeping everyone who uses your facility as safe as possible. Your plan should include a company with the tools and technology that is capable of handling a biohazard clean up on a large scale.
Similar to Influenza A, Coronavirus is an enveloped virus. While this would often serve to protect the virus from possible threats, SteraMist features efficacy against Influenza A and other enveloped viruses, including Coronavirus. Tomi (the manufacturer of SteraMist) has EPA studies to meet the standards to respond to emerging pathogens in the enveloped and non-enveloped categories. This includes SARS, MERS, and Covid-19 the current Coronavirus outbreak.
As part of the Tomi Service Network (TSN), JP Maguire has several trained SteraMist technicians that can respond anywhere in Connecticut to promptly disinfect/decontaminate your facility. Using SteraMIst has several advantages over other products including minimizing the downtime of your facility and no harsh chemicals. SteraMist is 99.999% effective at deactivating the virus within 7 minutes and because the main component of the process is Hydrogen Peroxide, the only byproduct is oxygen and water vapor rather than harsh and corrosive cleaners. SteraMist is safe to use around sensitive electronics and expensive industry specific equipment.
JP Maguire is committed to providing our community the information, tools, and assistance to keep everyone safe and healthy. Do not hesitate to contact whenever you need us. As always we are available 24/7.
call us today